Sunday, March 04, 2007

The Band

I am a great lover of music. I listen to it all day while working, and play it whenever I can. In fact, yesterday morning about this time, I even wrote a song - I woke up with it in my head. It is amazing where inspiration will rear itself.

However, recently I was exposed to The Band via their swan song movie The Last Waltz. I was thinking to myself "Geez, that cinematography is amazing - I wonder who the director is." Scorsese, of course. I did just watch The Departed.

After reading everything on Wikipedia and watching a good bit of YouTube, I must admit that they may just become one of my greatest musical influences. What a fantastic group of musicians and songwriters. I cannot believe that that I've gone 32 years without making the connection.

It is amazing how once things come into your peripheral - you notice them all the time.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.