Monday, February 12, 2007

The Tale is Told in Coffee

Five years ago today, a small part of this small world skipped a beat. The earth didn’t stop its turning, nor did cease the ridiculous ritual that humans perform everyday. Most people went to work, got gas, bought groceries, fucked, picked their noses, and thought about what has happened or what was going to happen. That Tuesday, I developed an ache, an ache so pervasive, that I still can’t shake it.

Here is the last email correspondence that my mother sent. She was positive and loving to the end. I miss her terribly.
- K2

From: ANN Sweetin

Dear Family and Friends,

It's cold outside, but you have love to keep you warm.

I wanted to let you know how I am progressing. The tale is told in coffee. If I'm sick, don't want it, but as am getting better. will begin to drink it again. I'm mot drinking a lot, but I am drinking coffee again. So except for the minor problems that the doctor's are examining, I'm apparently on the road to recovery. However, one big hold back is that my equlibrium is still messed up and I have trouble walking. Haven't haad the nerve to start driving. My reflects are slow.

Did go to Fort Worth for the Southwest Exposition, stock Sjhow and Rodeo. I really wasm't up to going, but when you've promised your three year old granddaughter we would take her, you don't back out. She could even say the name of the whole thing, including exposition, as plain as day! Those big brown eyes just enchant you. We couldn't have asked for a better child. She even picked up all of the stuff that was in my lap when David didn't realize a step was that and promptly dumped me out of the wheel chair. No major damage done. Just thought he was trying to kill me. But I guess not, he's felt guilty ever since. We had a wonderful time with Callaway, Kadyn, Jennifer and Coby. Jut wish we could see them more often.

Kim is getting to be an old man - he turned 27 today. Told him I couldn't be his Mother. I'm only 13!

Mother and Daddy are holding up fairly well. Both just got over a virus. But seem to be doing ok otherwise.

It's cold on this hill, but staying warm. I haven't ventured outside and don't intend to. It will be cold enough when I head to the hospital in the morning for a DNC and a half moon of my cervex removed. Just one more day in the Sweetin household.

Have enjoyed hearing from you. Please send a personal note when you have time.

Oh - I am down to 101 lbs, size four to six, depending how the clothes are made. However, I DON'T recommend losing weight the way I did.

Better get something to eat. Take care and God Bless you

Love, Ann

1 comment:

rhetorissa said...

What can anyone ever say about such a loss? No words can tell it.

I'll just say I love you. I am both sad & glad that you will mourn her forever - sad for your loss - glad you are a man who lets his mom be important forever.

I love you.