Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Bad prose # 1 - Sunshine

2/25/07

Sunshine

It scorches my skin…

My wife tells me how important it is to use sun block.

I am a solar powered humanoid, who’s been cancer riddled before.

So, I should probably heed her word.

She is usually right about such things.


The sun, well, I revolve around it.

Thank God that I live in Colorado

With its 300 plus days of sun a year, I’m doing pretty well.

Though this winter has been too many days of

Snow… and cold.

Blizzards are fantastic,

But not three weeks in a row.

I shouldn’t complain though

We need the water.


Garrison Keillor once joked that they should name the blizzards in Minnesota

Just like they do hurricanes.

I heard that the snow doesn’t melt there.

Until June.

I couldn’t live in Minnesota.

I couldn’t live in New Orleans either.

If I lived in Seattle,

I’d probably blow my head off.

I just couldn’t deal with 30 plus days of rain, and gloom.

I couldn’t live in Seattle.


I remember my Mom…

In the early 1980’s

Sunning herself in the Texas heat,

‘til people thought she was a Mexican

She had lots of Injun in her

So, maybe that’s why people thought she was Mexican.

She was pretty dark.

My skin is naturally ruddy. …but a dark, kinda ruddy.


She said that the best time to get a suntan was when it was cloudy.

I would swim and swim at the apartment’s pool.

Doing my best Bugs Bunny impression…

“I was walking through the park one day…

In the merry, merry month of…May.”

Jumping off the diving board.

While she flipped.

-K2

No comments: