Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The mud season came and I got fat.

Jesus, it's been almost a month since I last posted. My wife says that because the elections are over, I lost my motivation. Well, yes, this plays a large role in me not writing, biking, eating well, sleeping, etc. I fully admit to too much interest in a campaign in a state that I used to live in; an idealistic idea that something really good could happen in this country. However, it did swing my views a bit towards the middle, in more way than one. Fucking-imagine that. Almost 32 years old and I get off the bike for a month, just so I can round out my views (and my middle). I'm getting old.

To my defense, I have spent two weeks of the last month in New York City, perhaps one of the unhealthiest places on earth. I've eaten a lot of crap and drank copious amounts of alcohol while in the Big Apple. The toll? I'm becoming a big apple. Surely a sign of prosperity.

Well, I rode my normal ride yesterday. The ride was filled with all the exhaust, smoke of NYC, and the grease of many burgers. Fortunately I was expelling, instead of inhaling these things while huffing and puffing. This summer I could do that ride without even breaking a sweat.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow; I shall give thanks and feast regardless of my rotundity.

1 comment:

rhetorissa said...

I didn't get fat, but I sure as shit got lazy. Ugh. Let's work on that, shall we? Meantime, I'm glad you are writing!!! :)